After the windows update, many people are facing the issue with wireless connection in their Asus Laptop. There is no reason to panic because you are not alone to experience such a problem. I know the whole problem is very irritating, but you can get away with it very easily.
When the Asus laptop faces a problem with the Wi-Fi connection, there can be many reasons behind it. I this article will I’m going to discuss how to fix the Wi-Fi connectivity problem on an Asus Laptop. using this Post you can also Fix wifi Keeps disconnecting Problem with you Asus laptop
If you are facing Wi-Fi problems on your Laptop, then read this article thoroughly and apply all the Wi-Fi troubleshooting techniques to fix it by yourself.
Primary techniques to fix the Wi-Fi problem in Asus Laptop:
Fix1: Restart or reboot your Laptop
Before going any further, restart your Asus Laptop first. Whenever the Laptop is not connecting to the Wi-Fi, the first and foremost thing you have to do is to reboot your Laptop. After that, check your Wi-Fi settings.
Fix2: Look over the Wireless settings
In Asus laptops, you can turn off the Wi-Fi adapter (when not required) to save power. Often people face trouble with the Wi-Fi connectivity in Asus Laptop because they have turned off the Wi-Fi button by mistake.
- To check the Wi-Fi connectivity, click on the hotkey buttons Fn+ F2 (both at the same time).
There is another method to enable your Wi-Fi.
- You can go to network connections.
- Then search for “view Network Connections.”
- Click on the Wi-Fi connection/ Wireless Network Connection.
- If it shows disabled, enable it.
- If the Wi-Fi is already enabled, then disable it and re-enable it.
- Now check whether the Wi-Fi is working or not.
Advance Techniques to remove Wi-Fi connectivity problems in Asus Laptop:
Restart the wireless service or network settings:
If the wireless service in your Asus Laptop is not responding, then the Laptop might not connect to the Wi-Fi. To fix this, you have to restart the wireless settings. Follow these steps mentioned below to reset the wireless service.
- Start the run box.
- Then type “ Services.msc”
- Click ok.
- Then scroll down and search for the option- windows wireless services.
- After seeing the windows services, press on the restart option.
- After the process of restart is over, try to connect the Wi-Fi to your Laptop.
Alternatively, by resetting the network settings on your Asus laptop with Command Prompt, you can fix the problem.
- Write cmd in the search box.
- Then right-click on the option of Command Prompt.
- After that, press on the option stating “Run as Administrator.”
- Then enter each command line and click on enter.
- When the running of all commands is over, restart your Laptop.
- Now, check if the Wi-Fi is working.
Update the Wi-Fi adapter driver
The connection problem of Wi-Fi sometimes arises due to the use of wrong wireless network adapter or an expired network adapter. Try to update the Wi-Fi adapter driver and see whether this works or not.
You can update the network adapter driver of your Wi-Fi in two ways. i) From the network adapter’s website, ii) update with the device manager.
- Update the Wi-Fi adapter driver from the website of the network adapter:
- Visit the website of your network adapter.
- Search for the latest version of the adapter.
- Download it.
- Then install it to your laptop.
- Update the wireless adapter from the device manager:
- Press the button of Windows Key with letter R at the same time for 3 seconds.
- Then a box will appear on the screen stating “RUN.”
- In the Run box, type Devmgmt.msc
- Press ok.
- Then go to the Network adapter and expand it.
- Right-click on it.
- Now, update the wireless adapter settings and driver.
- See whether the issue is resolved or not.
Adjust the power management
Sometimes people unknowingly turn off the wireless LAN card of their laptop to save power. This can cause a connection problem of Wi-Fi to the laptop. To ensure the wireless LAN card is enabled, you have to follow few steps:
- Open the device manager from the Start menu or Windows Logo.
- Find the network section and expand the section.
- Search for Wireless LAN card and click on it.
- Then go to the power Manager Tab.
- If the option “Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power” is enabled, then uncheck the option and press ok.
- Now check the Wifi connectivity on your laptop.
Check the DNS server address
If the DNS server address is not set correctly, then internet issues may arise in your Asus laptop. That’s why it is vital to have the right DND server address.
- Go to the network connections.
- Find the Wi-Fi option and select properties.
- Press on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on properties.
- Find the general tab and then click on the option “Use the following DNS server address.”
[If the server is preferred DNS server, then enter 18.104.22.168]
[If the server is alternate DNS server, then enter 22.214.171.124.]
- Now press OK to apply it.
Verify the status of WLAN AutoConfig Service
Many times your Asus laptop can fail to connect with the Wifi is the WLAN AutoConfig service is not in the running state. So, you have to make sure it’s working properly.
- Press the Windows logo key and R together to make the run Box appear.
- Now, type Services.msc and press the enter key.
- Then search for WLAN AutoConfig (to find it, you have to scroll down).
- Now double click on WLAN AutoConfig.
- Set up the Start-up type to Automatic.
- Press Start.
- Now click Apply>OK.
Utilize Restore Point:
If you have ever made any restore point or an automatic system restore point, then try to restore the system to restore point which is similar to the previous normal startup of the Laptop system.
If you can’t solve the problem of Wi-Fi connectivity in your laptop with none of the above-mentioned techniques, then I will suggest you to start the process of system restore in your computer. After the restoration process is over, your Asus Laptop will work totally fine.
Extra Techniques by which you can fix the Asus Laptop Wireless problems:
- You can opt for changing the password of your wireless router and the encryption type.
- Sometimes it happens that the Antivirus installed on your laptop blocks the internet connection. So, always update the latest version of the antivirus program to your laptop.
- Always make sure your laptop is free from junks and corrupted files. Sometimes, all the junks create problem with the Wifi connectivity of the laptop.
for any other leptop here is the detailed guide on how to fix hp laptop not connecting to wifi network using simple methods.
We hope you will be able to fix the problem with any one of all the above-mentioned techniques. if this Post Did guide you with all the Quick Steps to fix Asus laptop wireless connection problem. Please share it and let Other Know of the fix