Today in this Post we Present you with an ultimate Guide on How to fix Ps4 Keeps Disconnecting From WiFi issue. After a lot of digging and testing, we did find a set of troubleshooting that may help you rectify the problem. Also, PlayStation disconnecting from the WiFi network is a much-known issue for maximum users So Read the post till last and follow the steps Carefully.
Why Ps4 Keeps Disconnecting From Internet
Honestly, there is no simple answer to this question and that makes the Troubleshooting a bit difficult. Streaming a Game With live actions Requites Many things Such-
- Faster Internet Connection
- Updated Version of PS4 Operating system
- Compatible And Connected Network Equipment
Now issues such as Slow Internet Connection , Outdated Router and PS4 Software or N number of things could be Behind it So Lets Focus On Diagnostics and Solving the issue at hand by Understanding more about it.
You need to Understand that your Internet Or WiFi Network includes many devices that helps you Get stable internet connection. Involved components are Modem, Router, PS4 and Cable Connection. we have already Given You Complete troubleshooting steps for wifi keeps disconnectiing problem but this post is dedicated to ps4 WiFi problems.
Now Lets Make a Plan to Fix the Issue and we fix the Problem in steps. First steps Should be the Testing So Letsa Break it Down in parts –
Testing the Network Components –
Your Internet Or WiFi Network includes many devices that helps you Get stable internet connection. Checkout Whether Random Internet disconnection issues are with Other devices Or Just Only With PS4.
if Other devices such as laptops, Phones and Other Internet using devices are also having the same issue every once in a while then the Problem is not With the Ps4 Its with the Router.
Now we Know where the Problem is so lets Try to Fix them One By one and if you are Not sure try Both-
Fix Wifi Problem With Router/Modem
Now you may be connected to the Router but the internet is coming from the internet devices provider through Cable Modem.its time you check Both devices Before Proceeding.
- Disconnect the internet cable from Router Which is coming from Modem. Now plug the Ethernet cable directly to the Modem bypassing the WiFi router. This way Modem is connected directly to your laptop
- Restart the modem along with Router and disconnect the laptop from wifi network and turn off the router.
- Use internet with laptop for next 10 min and if the connection is stable then Modem is fine and if the internet drops Please call your internet service Provider.
- if Modem test is Successful and Ps4 is also Looking Good then culprit could be the WiFi router.
Adjusting Router settings
Login to your WiFi router using the default details mentioned at the back of router such as default IP, username and password. Now observe the settings and if you are not sure where to Look please contact Support and Ask for Help.
Sometimes there are server problems in the network. its best that you try to boot ps4 in safe Mode
For Recommend tips we can tell you to try out few things that would help-
- Update the WiFi router firmware to the latest version.
- adjust channel settings and open 5.0 GHz Network band and try using it for play station.
- Some WiFi routers may Provide you With feature to priorities internet uses for devices. Please set your play station as Priority devices While Using the WiFi internet
- Bring the Router Closer to play station know the range of your Router and Evaluate the wireless Interference.
- get an WiFi range extender or Mesh router to extend and strengthen the signal Quality
- Changing the Modem, Router and sometime even internet Provider may also help you get an Quick fix.
Change the SSID Name & Password
If the previous solution doesn’t solve the issue then there may be a chance to fix the problem by changing the SSID name and password for wifi router. Just change these setting by Accessing the router console and reconnect the ps4 using the new network name and password.
Changing the DNS settings
Sometimes there might be an issue with the DNS server setting and how it’s accessed. We can change the DNS server settings and see if it fixes the issue. We are sharing steps to change DNS server settings. Steps are given below, chromatically.
- Finding “settings” in our PS4 menu bar and selecting the option.
- Looking for the “network” option and selecting that.
- We need to go find an option named “Set up internet connection” and click that.
- There we will get two options and we need to select the one named with “ Use WiFi”.
- After that, another window will open and we need to select “Custom” from there.
- We need to select the network we are using or the WiFi network from our own router.
- After connecting with the network there will be another window and we need to select “do not specify” option from there and enter.
- Select the DNS setting on “manual” mode and enter.
- After this step, we will get two options 1. Primary DNS and 2. Secondary DNS. Here we need to set up the Primary DNS on – 220.127.116.11 and the Secondary DNS on – 18.104.22.168
Turning off the Media Server
This might sound weird but it works regarding this particular issue. There are many cases that are fixed by simply turning off or disabling the “Media Server” from our PS4 device. With three easy steps, we can do this. Just simply Finding “settings” on the PS4 menu then selecting “network” and then going to “Media Server Network” and disabling or turning it off.
Reset the Router
Now WiFi Router setting can be tricky sometime for a average users and with hundred of setting it get even more confusing. to tackle the issue if you Must Reset the router then follow this steps to do it –
- Restart the Router and Plug it to the power source and Locate the reset key at the back of the Router.
- Wear Rubber Gloves for safety and Find a tiny object such as toothpick, Paper clip or Pen for reset
- press the reset key and hold it for next 20-30 sec and when all light starts blinking let the reset key Go
- Restart the router one more time and reconfigure it settings you per your need.
Normally when a Update is available your PlayStation you will get automatically notified and Updated will be available for download and installation. Somehow if your play station not updated or the software seem to be corrupted then you can download the software from the official website of your PlayStation and update the software.
Reset the Ps4
When problem is not with the router and modem then it is your ps4. if your ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi even after all this Quick fix and nothing seem to work then before you take it to the repair shop please give it last shot at resetting the PlayStation to default settings and see if that helps.
You can perform Soft console Reset for PlayStation as well as PS4 hard reset. Understand How to factory reset ps4 and get it working like a charm again.
Calling the help desk
Contacting support should help you if non of these steps did not help. You can choose to contact your router/modem Or internet provider company or if your ps4 is under warranty please take it to store and get it fixed or replaced.
in any case if you think you are close to the fix or you have any tips to add to this guide Please do let us know so we can improve the post for others.